Tailwind in Other Sports
Cycling and Triathlons
I'm often asked is Tailwind Nutrition just for ultramarathon runners or would it be suitable for cyclists?
The simple answer is YES!
Tailwind was initially developed by cyclists in Colorado, specifically enduro MTB racers, who needed fuelling for endurance events.
I have personally completed Ironman races in Austria, Zurich (x2), South Africa and Lake Placid, though they were all before I discovered Tailwind and I've since switched to Ultramarathons. Although I have no personal experience of long bike rides with Tailwind, plenty of our customers have, so I've listed at the bottom of the page the most recent reviews from triathletes for your guidance. - Mike J
Steve James - November 26th, 2017 - Tailwind by name and nature"
Tailwind was a recommend by long course triathlete mates. I've only used so far in training, but so far so good. Great taste, zero gut issues and best of all the simplicity of use. Would I recommend? I already have
Gordon Mawhinney November 25th, 2017 - "Great light taste"
So impressed with Tailwind. A friend recommended it to me after completing an Ironman using tailwind for nutrition. I had struggled with gels in the past as they are very sickly and hard on my stomach, but tailwind is much easier to take and tastes much lighter. Highly recommend!
Phil Marsh - November 8th, 2017 - "Tailwind naked unflavoured"
I have been using tailwind for all my long bike rides and I can say I have not been wanting any bars or gels .
Rhys Thomas - October 8th, 2017
Just used for IM Barcelona. 6 scoops in 2 bottles. Drank 1/3rd of a bottle per hour supplemented with water from aid stations. worked a treat!!! nothing else needed.I like the fact that the flavours are not too overpowering and sickly like a lot of energy products. topped off with great service
Darren Wooderson - September 26th, 2017 - "Can't recommend enough!"
I used the tailwind sticks on the recent Vélo Birmingham. The sticks were just the right size to conveniently fit in my jersey and pop in my bottles when I topped up at a water station. I was able to sip away at tailwind conveniently where before I would have been faffing around trying to chuck gels down my throat. I didn't experience any hunger or 'bonk' and there was none of the sickness feeling normally associated with gels.
The added bonus was getting the handwritten postcard and the email wishing me good luck on my event, great customer service
As Tailwind UK grows, so too does our customer base. Every day more and more athletes from different disciplinaries and sports are placing orders for Tailwind and seeing great results follow.
Here is a list of all the different activities Tailwind has been used in:
- Hard-Enduro rallye - Red Bull Romaniacs - Billed as the world's toughest hard Enduro motorcycle rally, Darren Heyes raced in this years rally in Romania, successfully finishing 50th in his Bronze class event. He had this to say about Tailwind: I used Tailwind throughout the event consisting of 4 days mountain riding with between 5 and 7 hrs days and an average of 4 hrs sleep per night. This product absolutely blew me away. Drank throughout the day I honestly never felt tired, great energy levels and stamina. No stomach pains or dodgy toilet trips. I have recommended this to everyone I've spoken to and seriously would not ride without it.
- Dawn to Dusk Enduro - Later in August Antony K will be competing in a 12 hour endurance race in the heart of the Brecon Beacons
- MTB - Brighton Big Dog - The UK's most popular MTB race was won by Iwona S in mid August
- Sailing - Laser 4.7 World Championships - British Youth Sailing sisters Matilda and Flo Nicholls competed in the Laser 4.7 World Championship in Belgium, where they finished in the gold fleet positioned 6th and 42nd overall respectively.
- Golf - In August Silvana W competed in the Mary Beavis Golf Cup, using Tailwind as her fuel for the day
- Window Cleaning - Whilst I run, I bought this product for my working day. I am a window cleaner and 7 hours on my feet, up and down ladders, is tiring. I have always struggled to eat enough during the day. First impressions are very good. - Johnny L
- Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) - Tailwind was used by Seychelle Hattingh in France to claim her maiden victory over the SUP Euro Tour in June. Hasan I is also about to compete in the SUP 11 city tour championship in Amsterdam
- Longboarding - Benoit Fournier claimed 3rd place and set a new French record in the 24 hrs Mans Longskate Race
- Gardening - Today I chopped, hauled and wheelbarrowed twelve huge loads of weeds. From 8am until 11am I worked. I was beat. I remembered my Tailwind, went and made up a bottle and drank a good portion. I then went and walked behind a lawn mower for two hours, getting the lawn completely done. I got a second wind and feel energized. - Kathy D. (63)